All entities and persons regulated or licensed by the New York State Department of Financial Services are required to file various cybersecurity notices to the Superintendent.
Pharmacy Benefit Managers
- On and after January 1, 2024, PBM licensing with the Department is required.
- DFS investigates spikes in prescription drug prices
Orders, Legal Notices and Guidance of Note
- Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) and Group-Wide Supervision
- Electronic Signatures, Transactions, and Filings with DFS
- Dollar Amount Exempt from Enforcement & Satisfaction of Judgments
- 2023 Bank Holiday Schedule
- Authority for Banks to Close Absent Governor's Declaration of Bank Holiday
The Department urges motor vehicle finance companies in New York to cooperate in complying with the New York Vehicle and Traffic Law by mailing or delivering a lien release immediately upon satisfaction of the lien on a motor vehicle. To avoid being subject to action by the Department, all regulated financial institutions financing motor vehicle sales shall release liens and deliver the lien release to the owner no later than three business days after clearance of payment. Consumers and lien holders looking for information on vehicle lien releases should visit our Obtaining a Lien Release on a Vehicle page.