Long Term Care and Long Term Care Insurance
The links below provide important information about long term care and the long term care insurance policies available in New York. This information is intended to help you make informed decisions about the need for financial protection and, should you choose to obtain long term care insurance, to help you choose a policy that will meet your individual needs.
About Long Term Care
- What is Long Term Care and Will I Need It?
- The Cost of Long Term Care in New York
- Is Long Term Care Covered By Insurance?
- How Else Can I Pay For Long Term Care?
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance policies
- Minimum Standards for LTC Policies
- Partnership for Long Term Care Program
- Tax Savings on LTC Policies
- Insurers Currently Offering LTC Insurance (PDF)
Shopping for Long Term Care Insurance
- Things to Consider Before Purchasing LTC
- Comparing LTC Policies
- Optional LTC Benefits
- Comparing LTC Premiums
- Insurers Currently Offering LTC Insurance
- NAIC Shopper’s Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance
Tools and Other Information
Long Term Care Consumer Guide (print-friendly PDF)