Information and Resources for Premium Finance
As stated in Section 555 (1) of the Banking Law, “No person except a lending institution or an authorized insurer shall engage in the business of premium finance agency without a license therefor obtained from the superintendent, as provided in this article.”
For licensing requirements see Article 12-B of the Banking Law, sections 554 to 578, Superintendent's Regulations Parts 405 and 300.
Applications and License Management
The Department of Financial Services allows Premium Finance Agencies to use the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) to manage license applications and ongoing regulation.
- 2018 Premium Finance Agency Annual Report Form (NMLS)
- 2018 Premium Finance Agency Annual Report Form (Non-NMLS)
- Authority to Release Information (PDF)
- Fair Lending - Certificate of Compliance (PDF)
- Financial Statement (PDF)
- Licensee Contact Update (PDF)
- Litigation Affidavit (PDF)
- Lost License Affidavit (PDF)
- Personal Questionnaire (PDF)