Life Settlement Providers in New York
Chapter 499 of the Laws of 2009, repealed Article 78 of the Insurance Law, entitled "Viatical Settlements", and added a new Article 78 entitled, "Life Settlements." Chapter 499 became fully effective May 18, 2010.
Entities which were doing business in New York legally before the new law took effect and have met specific requirements under New York's Life Settlement Act may continue to operate as life settlement providers pending the disposition of their license applications.
Only the following entities may currently operate as life settlement providers in New York:
Licensed Life Settlement Providers
- Abacus Settlements, LLC
- Berkshire Settlements, Inc.
- Coventry First LLC
- Credit Suisse Life Settlements LLC
- EAGiL Life Settlements LLC
- FairMarket Life Settlements Corp.
- Georgia Settlement Group (Incorporated in its state of domicile as The Settlement Group, Inc.)
- GWG Life Settlements, LLC
- Habersham Funding, LLC
- Institutional Life Services, LLC
- Life Capital Group, Inc.
- Life Equity, LLC
- Life Policy Traders, Inc.
- LifeTrust, LLC
- Magna Life Settlements, Inc.
- Maple Life Financial Inc.
- Montage Financial Group, Inc.
- Q Capital Strategies, LLC
- SLG Life Settlements LLC
- Spiritus Life, Inc.
The above information will be revised as necessary to reflect the current license status of the above listed providers.