2022 Submission Instructions For Family Leave Benefits (PFL) Coverage
- The PFL Model Language and PFL SERFF Checklist have not been revised for 2022, as PFL benefits will not be changing.
- A form and rate submission for coverage effective January 1, 2022 is not required from insurers currently offering PFL coverage with no policy form changes.
- Insurers with new policy forms and insurers with policy form changes should send the form and/or rate submissions (as applicable) to DFS through SERFF no later than October 1, 2021. Refer to the PFL SERFF Checklist. When making the SERFF submission, insurers should use the SUB-TOI for Statutory Family Leave benefits Coverage.
- For ease of review and to expedite the approval process, insurers who are submitting a revised rider (and/or standalone policy when applicable) should provide a redline copy of the changes made to the rider and/or standalone policy approved for use in 2021. The redline copy should be attached in the supporting documentation tab in SERFF. Insurers should also include the state tracking number of the approved 2021 submission in the general information tab in SERFF.
- Insurers should review the previously approved application form for PFL to determine whether a new application form or explanation of variability is necessary.
- Insurers offering new policy forms must distribute the approved 2022 rider (and/or standalone PFL policy when applicable) to all policyholders in advance of the January 1, 2022 effective date.