Add-a-Line of Authority (Individual and TBA only)
Available to currently licensed agents and brokers who wish to apply for additional line(s) of authority to their existent license.
Resident - Pre-licensing course (unless exempt) and examination are required if applying for the following lines of authority:
- Life (licenses which have a prefix of LA or LB)
- Accident/Health (licenses which have a prefix of LA or LB)
- Property/Casualty (licenses which have a prefix of BR or PC)
- Personal Lines (licenses which have a prefix of BR or PC)
If applying for the variable life line of authority (licenses which have a prefix of LA and LB), your current license must include the life line of authority and you must be currently registered with FINRA.
Travel Accident may be applied for if you hold a current license with a prefix of LA or LB. Baggage may be applied for if you hold a current license with a prefix of PC or BR.
Non-Resident - You must be currently licensed and in good standing in your home state for the lines of authority you currently hold as well as the lines of authority for which you are applying.
To get started, visit the DFS Portal:
Browsers and Blockers:
- Use a supported browser: The latest version plus one previous of IE, FF, Chrome and Safari, are supported.
- Disable “Pop-up Blocker” setting in your browser before using DFS portal applications.
- Maintenance: The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for scheduled maintenance.
- Applications may not be compatible with cell phones, tablets or other mobile devices.
Printing an Amended License
The Department does not mail paper licenses.
Use the Producer/Licensee Search application to determine if the line of authority was added to your record. To log in, the license number is required. If the line has been added, you can print the amended license.
Once the license is printed once, there is a statutory $15.00 duplicate license fee for any future print requests.