Medical Indemnity Fund
The Medical Indemnity Fund was established in 2011 to pay all future costs necessary to meet the health care needs of plaintiffs in medical malpractice actions who have received either court-approved settlements or judgments deeming the plaintiffs’ neurological impairments to be birth-related.
The Department of Financial Services is designated by law as the administrator of the Fund. Below find basic information regarding operation of the Fund and application and enrollment resources for qualified plaintiffs.
- Forms and Instructions
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General Information for Providers
- Privacy Notice
- Bill: New York State Medical Indemnity Fund
NYS Department of Health information
- Emergency Regulation: NYS Medical Indemnity Fund
- Resource Directory for Children and Young Adults with Special Health Care Needs