Medical Indemnity Fund
The Medical Indemnity Fund (“Fund”) was established by Chapter 59 of the 2011 Session Laws of the State of New York. The Fund is designed to pay all future costs necessary to meet the health care needs of plaintiffs in medical malpractice actions who have received either court-approved settlements or judgments deeming the plaintiffs’ neurological impairments to be birth-related.
The New York State Department of Financial Services is designated by law as the administrator of the Fund. This section is designed to provide basic information regarding operation of the Fund and to assist qualified plaintiffs in the application and enrollment process.
- Updated! Forms and Instructions
- Updated! Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General Information for Providers
- Privacy Notice
- Bill: New York State Medical Indemnity Fund
NYS Department of Health information
- Emergency Regulation: NYS Medical Indemnity Fund
- Resource Directory for Children and Young Adults with Special Health Care Needs