Entities That May Currently Operate As Life Settlement Providers in New York
On November 19, 2009, Governor David A. Paterson signed into law Chapter 499 of the Laws of 2009, which repealed Article 78 of the Insurance Law, entitled "Viatical Settlements", and added a new Article 78 entitled, "Life Settlements." Chapter 499 became fully effective May 18, 2010.
Entities which were doing business in New York legally before the new law took effect and have met specific requirements under New York's Life Settlement Act may continue to operate as life settlement providers pending the disposition of their license applications.
Only the following entities may currently operate as life settlement providers in New York:
Licensed Life Settlement Providers
- Abacus Settlements, LLC
- Berkshire Settlements, Inc.
- Coventry First LLC
- Credit Suisse Life Settlements LLC
- EAGiL Life Settlements LLC
- EconoTree Capital INC.
- FairMarket Life Settlements Corp.
- Financial Life Services, LLC
- GCM Life Settlements LLC
- Georgia Settlement Group (Incorporated in its state of domicile as The Settlement Group, Inc.)
- GWG Life Settlements, LLC
- Habersham Funding, LLC
- Imperial Life Settlements, LLC
- Institutional Life Services, LLC
- Legacy Benefits LLC (d/b/a Legacy Benefits NY LLC)
- Life Equity, LLC
- Life Policy Traders, Inc.
- Life Settlements International, LLC
- LifeTrust, LLC
- Lotus Life LLC
- Magna Life Settlements, Inc.
- Maple Life Financial Inc.
- Montage Financial Group, Inc.
- Peachtree Life Settlements, LLC
- Proverian Capital LLC
- Q Capital Strategies, LLC
- SLG Life Settlements LLC
- Spiritus Life, Inc.
- ViaSource Funding Group, LLC
- Wm. Page & Associates, Inc.
The above information will be revised as necessary to reflect the current license status of the above listed providers.
Last Updated: 07/22/2014