(Updated September 1, 2004)
In view of the new certified procedure under Circular Letter No. 6 (2004), the internal triage procedure for processing policy form submissions under the Section 3201 (b)(1) prior approval filing method will no longer be utilized by the Life Bureau as of September 1, 2004. Insurers are strongly encouraged to utilize the new certified procedure available under Circular Letter No. 6 (2004) for policy form submissions that would previously have been submitted under the triage procedure, including the following:
- Tax qualified endorsements, accompanied by a certification of compliance with Internal Revenue Code requirements.
- Unisex endorsements.
- Guaranteed Issue Application (no new temporary insurance agreement or conditional receipt included).
- Change to the number of days only in a Free Look provision e.g. change from 10 days to 30 days.
- Addition or deletion of available riders or other product options to a previously approved application.
- Section 3207 endorsements for insurance on minors if using the exact language of the statute.
Out of state filings and fund changes to previously approved application forms will continue to be automatically processed on an expedited basis.