- Renewals are now available for all Life Consultant ENTITY licenses expiring March 31, 2017.
- Renewals are now available for ENTITIES WITH LICENSES expiring June 30, 2017 (TITLE INSURANCE AGENTS/LIFE and or ACCIDENT & HEALTH AGENTS/LIFE SETTLEMENT BROKERS). Please use the "Renew Your License" link at the bottom of this page. The licenses must be renewed prior to their expiration date or the licenses will expire.
- Adjusters can NO LONGER RENEW their license for the 2017-2018 licensing period. To RELICENSE, download the related individual or entity application and instructions:
Please use the "Renew Your License" link at the bottom of this page. The licenses must be renewed prior to their expiration date or the licenses will expire. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED ON EACH PAGE OF THE RENEWAL APPLICATION.
Individual/TBA Producers including TITLE INSURANCE AGENTS - Currently licensed individual/tba producers can renew their license up to 180 days prior to expiration using the "Renew Your License" link at the bottom of this page.
Note to agents - If your status as an agent is currently "inactive" and has been "inactive" for more than 2 years you will not be eligible to renew until a licensed insurance company processes an appointment on your behalf.
- To access Licensing applications, please use one of the following supported browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or higher; Firefox 24 or higher; Google Chrome 33, or Safari 5.1.5 or higher.
- Disable any "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using portal applications.
- The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- For security and identification purposes, a bar code has been added to all licenses.
Printing a License
The Department no longer automatically mails paper licenses. Licenses are generated in PDF format. As soon as a license is issued, the licensee should print the license. Once a license is printed, there is a statutory $15.00 duplicate license fee for any future license print requests.
Use the Producer/Licensee Search application to determine if a license has been issued and to view the license number.
The License Renewal Application is a secured application available on the DFS portal:
Access the License Renewal Application
Once you have processed a renewal for a particular license, it is not necessary for that renewal to be processed again. If you do not think the renewal application went through please call (518) 474-6630 before processing it a second time.
If you are experiencing technical problems using this application or need additional assistance, email the Licensing Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org.