Temporary Independent Adjuster's Permit (for Catastrophes)
Please NOTE the following:
- The Temporary Adjuster's Permit application has been enhanced to improve efficiency. A designated person of an authorized insurer must establish an account with this Department. To establish the required account, the information below must be provided by email to: Licensing@dfs.ny.gov.
Name and date of birth of each officer(s) or managing agent(s) authorized to request the temporary permit on behalf of the insurer(s) along with a 4 digit pin of your choice. The insurer name(s) and NAIC number(s) for all insurers for which the officer/managing agent is authorized to submit temporary adjuster permit requests must also be included.
- The enhanced process is available now; the current process will remain available until March 15, 2015. For the enhanced permit application please select: Temporary Independent Adjuster's Permit Enhanced Application.
- This permit MUST be completed by an authorized insurer only.
- The permit will be issued same day.
- Please be sure to include your e-mail address and fax number.