Risk Retention Group Registration/Update - Online Portal Filing Instructions
For access to Risk Retention Group application, you must have a portal account. Select "Go to the Portal" to log in or to create your portal account.
Access the Portal
*** Please note that your email address will be your Portal User ID. ***
Sign in with your Portal User ID/email address and follow the steps below to obtain access to use Risk Retention Group application:
- Select the tab for "Requestable Apps".
- Select "Request Access" by clicking beside the "Risk Retention Group" application.
- Enter either the company's name or NAIC number:
- If the company name and NAIC number appears, select the company, then click on "submit request".
- If the company name or NAIC number entered is not shown, send an email to the Department's contact person/s listed below for assistance.
- You will receive a message stating "Your request for access has been received and you will receive an email notification when the request(s) is/are processed". If you do not receive an email notification within 48 hours, you may contact the Department for status.
- You will receive an email requesting an Authorization Letter issued by the risk retention group authorizing you to make this filing on their behalf.
- After the Authorization Letter is received and verified, an email notification will be sent to you to grant the access to Risk Retention Group application.
After you have been granted access, use the following steps to submit the initial registration online:
- Sign in using your Portal User ID/email address and password,
- Select "Risk Retention Group" under the Tab "My Apps",
- Select the NAIC number to start the online registration, and will receive a message asking you to confirm your authorization to submit the registration online on behalf of the risk retention group.
- When you finish entering the information for each section, be sure to click on the "Update" button to save the data entered.
- The following documents are required to submit to the Department:
- Completed NAIC RRG Uniform Registration Form, Part A, adopted June 1991 by the NAIC (WORD Format);
- Completed NAIC RRG Uniform Registration Form, Part B, adopted June 1991 by the NAIC (WORD Format);
- The plan of operation or feasibility study (and any revisions);
- The latest annual statement when available;
- Copy of the license/certificate of authority from state/district of domicile;
- The organizational examination report done by the state/district of domicile when available;
****Please note that an RRG should not begin doing business in New York until the registration application has been accepted by the Department. ****
Steps to update the information regarding changes of the risk retention group:
- Sign in with your Portal User ID/email address and password;
- Click on "Risk Retention Group" application;
- Select the NAIC code of the risk retention group for the update;
- Confirm that you are authorized by the risk retention group to submit this filing;
- Make changes and save the changes by clicking on "Update";
- Upload supportive documents regarding the updates, and click "Submit" to complete the transaction.