HIDE (Health Insurance Data Exhibit) Submissions
For New York State Individual, Small Group, and Large Group Health Insurance Business
All insurers with health insurance business in-force in New York State (as defined in Section 360.2 of New York Regulation 145) are required to submit the Health Insurance Data Exhibit eForm through the NYS Department of Financial Services Portal. This form collects data about health Insurance business in New York State semi-annually.
All individual, small group, and large group health insurance business that your company has issued to New York State residents must be included in the Health Insurance Data Exhibit eForm.
Please refer to the Health Insurance Data Exhibit (HIDE) eForm Instructions for more detailed information as to how to complete the Health Insurance Data Exhibit eForm.
Any generally available small group health insurance business, other than standardized Medicare Supplement, may be combined in a single Health Insurance Data Exhibit. One Health Insurance Data Exhibit is required for each generally available individual policy form (i.e., active direct-pay policy form) and for each standardized Medicare Supplement policy regardless of whether or not it is still available.
All large group health insurance information is to be summarized in a separate format.
As you complete the HIDE eForm please pay particular attention to the following:
- Have you prepared an exhibit for each of the individual and small group policy forms in the drop down list?
- Have all exhibits for newly created blocks of business or new policy form numbers not listed in the drop-down box in the eForm been marked as being "New" under Interrogatories question 1 and a start date entered? Please compose a name for a new block of business composed of 30 characters or less.
- Is there any block/policy listed in the drop down list which no longer has business? If so, please complete one final eForm for it answering "Yes" to Interrogatories question 3.
- Have you answered "Yes" to any of lines 1 - 3 under Interrogatories? If so, please provide the appropriate date.
- Is each form marked as "Active" in question 5 still being offered to new insureds?
- Have you completed the Large Group Summary?
Please use the Portal to submit the required exhibits no more than 45 days after the start of the half year.
Questions regarding HIDE (Health Insurance Data Exhibit) Submissions should be directed to:
NYS Department of Financial Services
One State Street
New York, NY 10004