The NYSDFS Education Program serves the insurance buying public by ensuring that its licensees remain current in their knowledge of the insurance market place and related laws and regulations. The Education Unit of the Licensing Services Bureau is tasked with approving competent providers and instructors to offer appropriate and meaningful courses that will enhance the education of licensees while fulfilling the requirements prescribed by insurance law.
For those parties interested in applying to become providers of continuing education and be approved in the New York State Department of Financial Services Continuing Education Program, it is necessary to complete and forward the appropriate applications.
The following applications and documents may be downloaded, completed and returned to the Department at the following address:
New York State Department
of Financial Services
Licensing Services Bureau
One Commerce Plaza,
Suite # 2003
Albany, New York 12257
NOTE THAT ALL APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE PER SECTION 2132 OF THE NEW YORK STATE INSURANCE LAW.
The following files are in PDF Format.
- Updated! Continuing Education Criteria
- Affiliate Application
- Course Approval Application
- Designated Person Notice - Monitor Organization
- Designated Person Notice - Provider Organization
- Instructor Approval Application
- Location of Course Offerings
- Monitor Approval Application - Individual
- Monitor Approval Application - Organization
- Monitor Duties
- Notice - Course Submission Guidelines
- Notice - Introductory Statement Continuing Education Program
- Notice - Monitors For Self Study Examinations
- Notice - To Provider Applicants
- Provider Organization Approval Application
- Statement of Employment
- Stipulation Document
- Third Party Administrator Agreement Report