Company Appointment, Approval/Decline, and Termination
Companies can approve/decline applicant appointments for applicants who have processed original agent applications through the DFS Online Original Application System or through the National Insurance Producer's Insurance Registry (NIPR) and who have selected the company as the appointing company. Companies will be able to terminate their appointed licensees.
- Only person(s) authorized by the insurance company may log in and utilize the application.
- Log in by entering the assigned user ID in the Username AND Password fields. If user ID is needed for an authorized person of an insurance company to appoint and/or terminate, please email Licensing@dfs.ny.gov
- An appointment is no longer required for the issuance of an agent's license.
- An appointment is required when an agency contract is executed or an insurance application is submitted by an agent.
- Sponsoring Insurance companies have 15 days from the date the agency contract is executed or the first insurance application (contract/policy) is submitted.
- All Appointments will reflect the current date only.
- To access Licensing applications, please use one of the following supported browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or higher; Firefox 24 or higher; Google Chrome 33, or Safari 5.1.5 or higher.
- Disable any "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using this Application.
- The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Access the Application
If you are experiencing technical problems using this application or need additional assistance, email the Licensing Bureau at email@example.com.