Company Appointment Approval/Decline and Termination Process
Welcome to the State of New York Department of Financial Services's ONLINE Enhanced Company Appointment/Termination System for the Licensing Services Bureau!
If you wish to visit our Company Appointment Application in the future, please bookmark this page in your Favorites.
- TO USE THIS APPLICATION, THE RECOMMENDED BROWSER IS INTERNET EXPLORER 7.X.
- Please disable the "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using this Application.
- If you need to acquire the browser, please visit the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com
- If you are experiencing problems using this application or have questions, please e-mail our Licensing Bureau.
- The application will be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Only person(s) authorized by the insurance company will be able to log in and utilize this application.
- Log in by entering the assigned user ID in the Username AND Password fields. If user ID is needed for an authorized person of an insurance company to appoint and/or terminate, please e-mail our Licensing Bureau.
- An appointment is no longer required for the issuance of an agent's license.
- An appointment is required when an agency contract is executed or an insurance application is submitted by an agent.
- Sponsoring Insurance companies have 15 days from the date the agency contract is executed or the first insurance application (contract/policy) is submitted.
- All Appointments will reflect the current date only.
Companies can approve/decline applicant appointments for applicants who have processed original agent applications through this Department's Online Original Application System or through the National Insurance Producer's Insurance Registry (NIPR) and who have selected the company as the appointing company. Companies can also appoint and terminate existing licensees.
Companies will be able to terminate their appointed licensees.