New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- July 11, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces Action to Ensure Insurers Do Not Unfairly Discriminate Against Pregnant and Postpartum Women
- July 8, 2016: DFS Superintendent Vullo Announces Action to Expand Health Insurance Coverage for Preventative Care and Treatment of Breast Cancer
- July 06, 2016: DFS to Adopt Principle-Based Reserving for Life Insurers in 2018
- June 30, 2016: DFS Issues Final Anti-Terrorism Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Program Regulation
- June 28, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces Consumer Hotline to Accept Reports of “Zombie Properties” Across the State
- June 25, 2016: Statement by DFS Superintendent Maria T. Vullo on the Vote by the United Kingdom to Exit the European Union
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- June 27, 2016: DFS Assists Otsego County District Attorney Homicide Investigation
- June 23, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Arrests Of Six Individuals Charged With Auto Insurance Fraud (NYS Office of the Attorney General)
- May 28, 2016: DFS Investigators Help Uncover Insurance Fraud and Arson (Albany Times Union)
- March 10, 2016: Update on Action Taken Against Pension Funding, LLC and Pension Income, LLC
- December 31, 2015: Resources for Colleges and Universities on the Financial Aid Award Information Sheet
- October 15, 2015: Revised Appearance Enhancement Wage Payment Surety Bond Form posted
- October 13, 2015: NYDFS Reaches Agreement With Société Générale on New Symphony Chat Platform and Issues Guidance to All Regulated Institutions on Use of Symphony
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center