File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- July 28, 2015: Governor Cuomo Deploying DFS Mobile Command Center to Provide Foreclosure Prevention Assistance to Homeowners in the Southern Tier
- July 09, 2015: Governor Cuomo Announces Two Additional Mortgage Companies Sign On To Combat "Zombie Properties"
- July 06, 2015: Governor Cuomo Announces Action To Crack Down On High-Interest Lending To Military Servicemembers And Close The "Ft. Drum Loophole"
- July 01, 2015: Governor Cuomo Announces Student Loan Debt Relief Provider Will Cease Operations After Misleading And Improper Practices
- June 30, 2015: Governor Cuomo Deploying DFS Mobile Command Center To Orange And Sullivan Counties To Provide Homeowners With Foreclosure Prevention Assistance
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- June 3, 2015: NYDFS Announces Final Bitlicense Framework for Regulating Digital Currency Firms
- May 19, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky's Remarks on Reforming New York's Foreclosure Process
- March 26, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Insurers on Cyber Security
- March 2, 2015: Revised BitLicense Regulatory Framework
- February 25, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky’s Remarks On Financial Regulation In New York City At Columbia Law School
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center
- Storm Sandy National Flood Insurance Program Claims
- Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Storm Sandy Mediation Program - June 22, 2015 Deadline for Filing Requests for Mediation
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know