Skip to Content

Consumer Frequently Asked Questions

Consumer FAQs index

Workers' Compensation

I don't believe that I am being classified correctly for Workers' Compensation. What should I do?

Answer: An insured who has a classification complaint should first contact his or her insurer. If the problem is unresolved the insured should then contact the staff of the New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board. If still dissatisfied, a hearing at the Board can be requested. A final option would be to request a hearing at the New York State Department of Financial Services.

Updated 02/06/2012


Link to DFS Portal

About DFS

Contact DFS

Reports & Publications


Laws and Regs

Connect With DFS

DFS Facebook page

Follow NYDFS on Twitter