Request for Password and User ID for DFS Foreclosure Database
- All lenders, assignees or servicers requesting a User ID and password must designate an account administrator responsible for receipt of User ID and password or other information pertaining to system changes and user accounts.
- The Department will issue only one (1) User ID per lender, assignee or servicer. User IDs will not be issued to individuals that have not been authorized to obtain such information from the Department.
- User IDs and passwords will not be issued to any individual or entity that failed to comply with the mortgage loan servicing notification or registration requirements of Section 590(2)(b-1) of Article 12-D of the New York Banking Law.
- Legal name of the lender, assignee or servicer and assumed (trade) names, if any, under which the individual or entity conducts business in New York State.
- Contact information for the designated primary regulatory contact person with authority to respond to general servicing and legislative inquiries made by the Department. The information must include the name, business address, telephone number and email address of the designated individual.
- The name, contact address and telephone number and email address of the individual(s) that will function as Account Administrator(s) for the lender, assignee or servicer. Note: The User ID and password will be transmitted to the account administrator via postal mail.
- A Loss Mitigation and Servicing contact must also be designated to address loss mitigation and servicing inquiries from the Department.
- Contact information of the primary person responsible for consumer complaints.
- The cover letter must be signed by a duly authorized officer or legal counsel of the lender, assignee or mortgage loan servicer. In the case of an individual, the letter must be signed by the individual that owns the note or meet the classification of a mortgage loan servicer under Part 418 of the Superintendent’s Regulations.
- You can initiate the request via email by forwarding an executed cover letter with all required documentation to the following email address ForeclosureDatabase@dfs.ny.gov.
- The Department must have an original signature document on file from the respective lender, assignee, or servicer. Original documents should be sent to the following address:
- For information regarding foreclosure database User ID and password please contact Jordan Sakni at (212) 709-1573.
COVER LETTER (on company letterhead):All individuals seeking to submit the required filing on behalf of a lender, assignee or mortgage loan servicer must provide a cover letter, on company letterhead, containing the following:
Assistant Deputy Superintendent
New York State Department of Financial Services
One State Street
New York, NY 10004-1511