An Institutional History of Banks Operating in New York State
This History contains a listing of institutions that are, or were, state chartered, as well as most federally chartered institutions that have operated in the state of New York.
To search for an institution click on the first letter of the Institution's name.
The historical information contained in the Institutional History of Banks is derived from certain source materials, the accuracy of portions of which cannot be verified. While the History is intended to be helpful to those interested in its contents, it should not be considered a definitive document on the subject.
Sources of information include, but are not limited to:
- Historical Directory of the Banks of the State of New York - Dillistin 1946
- Historical Directory of the Banks of the State of New York - Dillistin 1984
- Licensing Schedules of the Annual Report of the Superintendent of Banks of the State of New York - 1900-1996
- New York State Banking Board Annual Reports - 1940-1996
- New York State Banking Department Institution Files
- Information Gathered From Current & Former Banking Department Personnel