File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- June 15, 2015: Governor Cuomo Issues Consumer Tips To Help Protect Against Financial Exploitation Of The Elderly
- June 02, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky to Deliver Remarks on Digital Currency Regulation in Washington, DC
- June 01, 2015: NYDFS Announces Greater Hudson Bank To Convert To New York State Charter
- May 28, 2015: NYDFS Announces Deployment of Mobile Command Center to Brentwood and Central Islip to Deliver Foreclosure Prevention Help to Homeowners
- May 20, 2015: Benjamin M. Lawsky to Depart NYDFS After Four Years Serving as the Agency's First Superintendent
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- June 3, 2015: NYDFS Announces Final Bitlicense Framework for Regulating Digital Currency Firms
- May 19, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky's Remarks on Reforming New York's Foreclosure Process
- March 26, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Insurers on Cyber Security
- March 2, 2015: Revised BitLicense Regulatory Framework
- February 25, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky’s Remarks On Financial Regulation In New York City At Columbia Law School
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center
- Storm Sandy National Flood Insurance Program Claims
- Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Storm Sandy Mediation Program - June 22, 2015 Deadline for Filing Requests for Mediation
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know