File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- May 5, 2015: Department of Financial Services Announces Return of 17th Century Painting from France to Heir of Victim of Nazi Persecution
- April 30, 2015: DFS Mobile Command Center To Deliver Foreclosure Prevention And Insurance Help To Queens Homeowners In Springfield Gardens
- April 29, 2015: Governor Cuomo Announces New Regulations To Crack Down On Kickbacks And Improper Expenses In The Title Insurance Industry
- April 23, 2015: NYDFS Announces Deutsche Bank to Pay $2.5 Billion, Terminate and Ban Individual Employees, Install Independent Monitor for Interest Rate Manipulation
- April 16, 2015: DFS Mobile Command Center to Howard Beach and Rockaway Beach Sites to Deliver Foreclosure Prevention and Insurance Help to Homeowners
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- April 27, 2015: Monitor Applications Being Accepted
- March 26, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Insurers on Cyber Security
- March 2, 2015: Revised BitLicense Regulatory Framework
- February 25, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky’s Remarks On Financial Regulation In New York City At Columbia Law School
- December 10, 2014: Letter to Banks on Cyber Security Examination Process
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center
- Pioneer Savings Bank Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know