New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- April 26, 2017: Statement by New York Financial Services Superintendent Maria T. Vullo Regarding the Lawsuit Filed by the CSBS Challenging the Authority of the Comptroller of the Currency to Create a Nonbank Special-Purpose National Bank Charter for “Fintech” Companies
- April 19, 2017: Governor Cuomo Announces Decisive Actions to Secure Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatments Regardless of Sexual Orientation or Marital Status
- April 17, 2017: DFS Fines Excellus Health Plan $1 Million for Illegally Denying Consumers Contraceptive Coverage and Other Violations of New York Insurance Law
- April 12, 2017: DFS Reminds Health Insurers of Their Obligation to Cover Office Visits that Also Include Medical Marijuana Certification Among Other Healthcare Services
- April 11, 2017: DFS Fines Zenefits $1.2 Million for Repeated Violations of New York Insurance Law
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- April 26, 2017: State Regulator Group Files Lawsuit Against OCC on Fintech Charter Proposal
- April 21, 2017: DFS Extends Independent Monitor at Standard Chartered Bank Until December 31, 2018 In Connection With Prior Consent Orders of September 21, 2012 and August 19, 2014
- April 17, 2017: DFS Superintendent Vullo Submits Letter in Opposition to OCC Fintech Licensing Manual
- March 28, 2017: Grameen America Announces License Approval by Department of Financial Services to Further Expand Financial Inclusion to Women Entrepreneurs in New York
- March 23, 2017: The National Italian American Foundation Honors Best and Brightest in Business, Sports, Entertainment, Politics at 2017 New York Gala
- March 21, 2017: District Attorney Hoovler Announces Guilty Plea in Arson Case
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...