New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- Feburary 16, 2017: Governor Cuomo Announces First-In-The-Nation Cybersecurity Regulation Protecting Consumers and Financial Institutions from Cyber-Attacks to Take Effect March 1
- February 8, 2017: DFS Superintendent Vullo Announces 17th Century Painting Lost During Nazi Persecution Restored to Rightful Heirs
- January 30, 2017: DFS Fines Deutsche Bank $425 Million for Russian Mirror-Trading Scheme
- January 26, 2017: Governor Cuomo Announces Action to Protect Low- and Middle-Income Consumers from Unfair Denials of Life Insurance Claims
- January 26, 2017: DFS Authorizes CFCU Community Credit Union to Expand Field of Membership in Three Upstate Counties
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- February 10, 2017: DFS Takes Possession of Melrose Credit Union, Appoints NCUA as Conservator
- February 8, 2017: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Convictions in Syracuse Mortgage Fraud and Witness Tampering Cases
- January 28, 2017: New York State Announces Recommendations to Protect Consumers and Public and Private Entities from Falling Victim to Cyber Crime in Commemoration of Data Privacy Day
- December 13, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman, DOI Commissioner Peters And DFS Superintendent Vullo Announce Indictments Of 13 Current And Former City Fire And Police Department Employees In Half Million Dollar Supplemental Insurance Fraud Scams
- December 8, 2016: Four Individuals Charged in No-Fault Insurance Scheme
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...