File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- October 5, 2015: NYDFS Grants Charter to "Gemini" Bitcoin Exchange Founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss
- September 25, 2015: NYDFS, CMS, NYSOH Announce Actions Regarding Health Republic Insurance Of New York
- September 22, 2015: NYDFS Announces Approval of First Bitlicense Application From a Virtual Currency Firm
- September 18, 2015: NYDFS Takes Possession of Montauk Credit Union, Appoints NCUA as Conservator
- September 11, 2015: NYDFS Directs New York Banks to Comply with Abandoned Property Law to Help Ensure Customers Get Paid What They Are Owed
- August 28, 2015: Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Continue Providing Consumer Assistance to Homeowners and Student Borrowers in the Mohawk Valley
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- September 14, 2015: NYDFS Reaches Agreements With 4 Major Banks on New Symphony Chat & Messaging Platform
- August 10, 2015: Appearance Enhancement Facilities (Nail Salons)
- August 3, 2015: Report on Investigation of Promontory Financial Group, LLC
- June 3, 2015: NYDFS Announces Final Bitlicense Framework for Regulating Digital Currency Firms
- May 19, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky's Remarks on Reforming New York's Foreclosure Process
- March 26, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Insurers on Cyber Security
- March 2, 2015: Revised BitLicense Regulatory Framework
- February 25, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky’s Remarks On Financial Regulation In New York City At Columbia Law School
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center
- Storm Sandy National Flood Insurance Program Claims
- Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Storm Sandy Mediation Program - June 22, 2015 Deadline for Filing Requests for Mediation
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know